Pregnancy is a beautiful and exciting time in a woman’s life, but it also comes with its challenges. One of the most important is how to find the best mattress for pregnancy. There are many things to consider, which is why we have created this guide. To help you find the best mattress for pregnancy, we will take a look at:
Top 5 Best Mattresses For Pregnancy
The Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress is a medium-firm mattress conducive to a comfortable sleep and suitable for pregnancy.
The mattress is handcrafted in the U.S. with premium, eco-friendly materials.
Ultra-premium 5-lb memory foam and high-density foam layers relieve pressure points while offering stable support.
Trial period: 180-night home trial
Warranty: 15-year warranty
Free in-room delivery & setup
Price range: $$$$$
We recommend this mattress for the following sleepers:
Ideal for lightweight and average weight back sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight and average weight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight and average weight side sleepers.
This review is about mattresses for pregnancy. I talk about the mattresses and explain what to expect when sleeping on a mattress for pregnancy. I will tell you how to prepare a mattress for pregnancy. I also tell you how to have a good sleep.
From time immemorial, mattresses were seen as a tool to help people get a sound sleep. As time has gone by, it has been discovered that the quality of sleep greatly depends on the type of mattress one has. This is because mattresses are the resting place for the body parts that are most sensitive to the quality of sleep.
The astonishing thing is that lots of pregnant women don’t know how to choose the right mattress for their pregnant condition. It is very important for them to choose the best product as the effect will be visible on their bodies.
The type of mattress they will choose will have an impact on both their bodies and health. The main parts of the mattress that should be considered are the one that is comfortable to sleep on, and that is able to support the weight and position of the pregnant woman.
Here you could find information about the best mattress for pregnancy.
Best Mattresses for Pregnancy Reviews
Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress
The Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress is ideal for people who are looking for a quality mattress with a comfortable and supportive feel. This mattress is made to offer a more affordable price while still having a high-quality feel.
It is a unique mattress that merges two different material types into a balance of comfort and support. Its top layer is infused with gel to keep both you and your partner cool and comfortable during the night, while its lower-density foam layer gives you the support your body needs to wake up pain-free in the morning.
Saatva has quickly become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because they have offered one of the world’s most environmentally sound mattresses, built from 100% natural materials. The Saatva Loom & Leaf mattress is one such product.
What I Like:
- The Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress is a mattress made by Saatva. It is a memory foam mattress that comes in various sizes and is made in the U.S.A.
- It is a mattress that is both cooling and supportive.
- The Saatva is a medium-firm mattress, which is conducive to a comfortable sleep and good for pregnancy.
Lucid 12 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress
From the very beginning, the 12-inch Lucid Hybrid Mattress by Restonic was an outlier. It is the only mattress Restonic has ever made that is larger than 10-inches, and it is the only one that is made of a combination of memory foam and natural latex.
Latex and memory foam: two very different mattress materials, but they make a wonderful duo when placed side by side. That’s what happens in the Lucid latex hybrid mattress, where 6.5-inch high-quality steel coils are individually-wrapped to increase airflow, isolate motion, and conform to individual sleep styles, while a plush memory foam layer is topped with natural latex for the perfect combination of sink and spring.
The result is a mattress that supports your body from head to toe, and that can be custom-sized to your body type.
What I Like:
- Lucid 12 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress is not too hard and not too soft. This mattress is considered to have balance firmness, and it is good for most people who are not too sensitive to firmness.
- It also features a cool and airflow set up to keep your body cool and relaxed during sleep.
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
If you’re looking for the perfect mattress, you need the Nectar memory foam mattress. Not only is this mattress a great deal for its price, but it is also comfortable and supportive.
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is one of the many premium foam mattresses available on the market.
It promises to be one of the most comfortable mattresses available. It also promises to minimize motion transfer, so if your partner is a restless sleeper, he or she won’t keep you up at night.
This mattress consists of 5 layers of foam, each designed to provide support and comfort to the sleeper. The top layer is gel memory foam that is surrounded by air, which makes it feel cool. The mattress also has memory foam, which is designed to relieve pressure points and improve airflow.
What I Like:
- The Nectar features Adaptive Response Transition foam that contours to your body’s shape for a personalized feel. And with a Tencel™-Poly blend cooling cover, you can rest easy knowing that you’re sleeping on a hypoallergenic, flame-resistant mattress.
- It’s a memory foam mattress with a twist: it’s designed to give you the comfort of memory foam while also offering the support of a traditional mattress.
- The Nectar gives you a 365-night home trial, a Forever Warranty, and free shipping and returns.
TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe Breeze Mattress
The TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe Breeze Mattress is the latest mattress from Tempur-Pedic, and while it may not be as popular as their more well-known Cloud series, it definitely has a lot to offer.
This mattress is an update to their previous model, the TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Breeze, and the first thing you will notice is that it is significantly lighter. The mattress also comes with a new cover that features a fabric top and a breathable knit bottom designed to help your body stay evenly cool. While most Tempur-Pedic mattresses have a springy feel to them, the Breeze is a totally different experience that will have you sleeping like a cloud.
It is a memory foam mattress that delivers a soft feel with a medium level of support, which is perfect for side sleepers like myself. With this mattress, I can sleep in any position I want without any issues. The mattress does a great job of limiting motion transfer, which means my partner’s movements do not disturb my sleep.
What I Like:
- The TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe Breeze Mattress is a memory foam mattress that features a cooling cover and a support base.
- It combines technology with innovative smart design to deliver a truly unique and truly comfortable sleep experience.
WinkBeds GravityLux Mattress
As a luxury mattress brand, WinkBed’s products are built with everything a mattress should have: gel memory foam, cooling technology, and a support base layer.
The top layer is a TENCEL® made from wood pulp that is known to have a soft touch like silk. TENCEL® has a soft feel, breathes well, and is hypoallergenic, making it an ideal material for bedding use. Its gel-infused foam is a high-density foam infused with gel to provide cooling comfort that lasts throughout the night. This foam is ideal for people who sleep hot.
The second layer is patent-pending AirCell™ Memory Foam is a layer of incredibly thin, dense foam that provides a cooling and pressure point reduction night after night.
In the end, the mattress is supported by two more layers PROGRESSION FOAM™ and the ATLAS CORE™ foam, which makes it one of the most comfortable mattresses available in the market.
What I Like:
- The WinkBeds GravityLux is a mattress that offers a combination of cooling gel and foam that provides the feel of an all-foam mattress that has the cooling benefits of a gel mattress.
- It is a mattress that offers pressure relief for side-back and back sleepers and a very responsive and multi-layer memory foam that provides pressure relief for side and stomach sleepers.
- The thick layer of AirCell™ Memory Foam conforms to the contours of your body and molds to provide a great deal of pressure relief.
What To Look for When Buying the Best Mattress for Pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a special time in a couple’s life, and the right mattress can make a big difference in a woman’s pregnancy and after. I’m not talking about getting a really expensive one, but there are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a mattress that might carry you through your pregnancy and beyond. Since not all women have the same preferences or needs, we’ve outlined a few things to look for when shopping for a mattress that will work for you.
In-home Trial Periods
In the past, you would have to roll the dice and spend thousands of dollars on a mattress without knowing if it was the right fit. Thankfully, these days we live in a world where you can try before you buy.
Trial periods are an excellent way to find out if a mattress for pregnancy is right for you without risking a ton of money. Mattresses are expensive, so it’s important to be sure you’re buying one that will work best for your body and relieve any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing.
The size of your mattress is something you don’t think about when you’re pregnant. But especially if you’re carrying twins, your mattress’s size is something you definitely should think about. The average mattress is between a Twin and a Double, which means it’s going to be too short for you.
A king-size mattress is the best choice for pregnant women, but even then, you’ll probably need to order a custom-sized mattress to fit your growing frame.
When shopping for a firmness level of mattresses for pregnancy, it is most important to remember that you are not only choosing a mattress that will support you during those first crucial months of pregnancy. But you are also choosing a mattress that will support your body. (So this is a decision that should not be made lightly!) That being said, the most comfortable mattresses for pregnancy are generally firmer ones.
In short, the best position to sleep in while pregnant is one in which you are comfortable and able to rest. It’s not surprising, then, that the best sleeping position for pregnant women is simply the position they find most comfortable.
In general, the best sleeping positions are those in which the pregnant woman can sleep on her side, with a pillow between her knees to reduce pressure on the abdomen. Some women find it more comfortable to sleep on their left side, while others find it more comfortable to sleep on their right side.
Other than the common stuff you need when pregnant, the bed’s temperature is always an important thing to keep in mind. This is no longer a problem for pregnant women since the news temperature-controlled mattresses keep a pregnant woman’s body temperature balanced.
The temperature of a pregnant woman needs to be kept in a certain range between the end of the first trimester and the baby’s birth. This is because the body of a pregnant woman is more susceptible to changes in temperature.
What’s The Best Type Of Mattress For Pregnancy?
The key to a great night’s sleep is a comfortable mattress. If you’re pregnant, you want a mattress that will provide the support and comfort you need to cope with a shifting center of gravity, sleep position changes, and the added weight of a growing belly.
There are a variety of different mattress types to choose from, and it can be hard to narrow down which one is right for you. Many moms-to-be find that the most comfortable option is a hybrid mattress, with a combination of coils, memory foam, and a pillow top. These are the most popular types of mattresses for pregnant women, though others prefer a traditional innerspring mattress or a waterbed.
There are many benefits to a hybrid mattress, but there are also some cons. While hybrids might be a good fit for some people, they might not be right for everyone. While some people report that a hybrid mattress offers the best of both worlds, others find it to be a compromise. If you’re considering purchasing a hybrid mattress, here are some pros and cons to think about.
- The average woman spends one-third of her life in bed, and you might as well make it comfortable. As you know, pregnant women require the most comfortable sleep possible, as they are carrying around a lot of extra weight.
- That’s why hybrids have quickly captured pregnant women’s attention everywhere; they combine the comfort of memory foam with the support of innerspring coils. Plus, hybrids are easier to move around than other types of mattresses, making them a great choice for women who are expecting.
- The top reason to choose a hybrid mattress is a good choice if you are a side sleeper. A traditional innerspring mattress can feel like a rock when you are lying on your side.
- A hybrid mattress is made of an innerspring and a layer of memory foam. The memory foam is designed to contour around your body and provide support in the areas where you need it the most. This is great for side sleepers.
- Hybrid mattresses for pregnancy are popular for many reasons, but they aren’t for everyone. Some people prefer an innerspring mattress’s firmness, while others find that they come with a few cons that may make them less than ideal for some people.
- For instance, hybrid mattresses tend to be a little more expensive than other maternity mattresses, and they may not offer the same level of comfort that you get from memory foam or top pillow mattresses.
Memory foam has the unique ability to mold to your body’s shape within seconds of you sitting, lying, or moving on the mattress. If you’re pregnant, this can be one of the biggest reasons you might consider a memory foam mattress.
- There are many pros of memory foam mattresses for pregnancy that are worth noting. The first and most obvious is that memory foam mattresses are designed to contour around the body, relieving pressure points. This is especially true for pregnant women. With the weight of the baby and the added pressure from the expanding uterus, it is difficult for pregnant women to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
- A soft and flexible pregnancy pillow or a special maternity pillow that is used to support the belly and the back may help a pregnant woman get a good night’s sleep.
- Memory foam mattresses may be very soft and are likely to cause problems for pregnant women, specifically by causing hip pain, back pain, and overheating.
Make Your Pregnancy Sleep More Comfortable
When you’re pregnant, it can be hard to find a comfortable position for sleeping. Back, hip, and leg pain are common, and it’s tough to find a position that doesn’t hurt.
Your body will change throughout your pregnancy, so it’s important to invest in a quality maternity mattress that will be comfortable and supportive for the long haul. There are some simple things you can do to make your mattress more comfortable, though. To make your sleep more comfortable on your new mattress, make sure to have a good-quality pregnancy pillow.
They’re designed to support the pregnant body so that the mother doesn’t have to contort her body into uncomfortable positions to get comfortable.
“Motherhood” pillows, on the other hand, are specifically designed to support a mother’s body after delivery: they support her arms, her back, and her belly, and they make it easy for her to get out of bed at night.
What are the benefits of a firm mattress for pregnant women?
A firm mattress can provide the necessary support for pregnant women’s changing weight and body shape. It helps to reduce pressure points, keeps your spine properly aligned, and decreases tossing and turning while sleeping.
Are firm mattresses safe for pregnant women?
Yes, firm mattresses are generally safe for pregnant women as long as they are comfortable. It is important to note that mattresses that are too hard will cause discomfort and can contribute to musculoskeletal problems.
Is it better to get a firm or soft mattress when pregnant?
It is best to use personal preference and comfort when deciding between a firm and soft mattress. It is important to choose a mattress that is comfortable for the individual as well as supportive of their changing body.
Are there any specific features that I should look for in a mattress for pregnancy?
Yes, there are a few features to look for when choosing a firm mattress for pregnancy. Look for mattresses that provide enough support, don’t cause any pressure points, and are breathable for a comfortable night’s sleep.
What type of mattress is best for pregnancy?
The best mattress for pregnancy is a firm mattress with a pillow-top or plush layer. This type of mattress provides support with just enough cushioning on top to relieve pressure points.
Will a firm mattress cause back pain while pregnant?
No, a firm mattress will not usually cause back pain while pregnant. However, if the mattress is too hard, it may cause discomfort and lead to back pain.
Can a firm mattress cause any problems for pregnant women?
A firm mattress will not usually cause any problems for pregnant women. However, if the mattress is too hard, it can cause discomfort and pressure points and lead to musculoskeletal problems.
How long should a firm mattress be used while pregnant?
A firm mattress can be used while pregnant for as long as it is comfortable. It is important to note that as your body changes, so should your mattress.
How often should I change my pregnancy mattress?
It is recommended to change your pregnancy mattress every few months. As your body changes and your needs change, it is important to get the best support for your changing body.
What type of mattress will provide the best comfort and support for pregnancy?
A firm mattress with a pillow-top or plush layer is best for comfort and support during pregnancy. This type of mattress provides the best support for your body, with enough cushioning on top to relieve pressure points.
What type of mattress is best for a heavily pregnant woman?
A firm mattress is best for a heavily pregnant woman. The firmness of the mattress provides support for the hips and back while still providing enough cushioning to relieve pressure points.
What type of mattress is best for a lightweight pregnant woman?
A plush mattress is best for a lightweight pregnant woman. It provides support while also giving the body a softer surface, which is beneficial for helping to reduce pressure points.
Are adjustable mattresses good for pregnant women?
Yes, adjustable mattresses can be a good choice for pregnant women. This type of mattress allows you to adjust the firmness of the mattress to provide better support and comfort, and relieve pressure points.
Is a firmer mattress better for pregnancy?
Yes, a firmer mattress is usually better for pregnancy. A firmer mattress helps to keep the spine properly aligned and reduces pressure points.
Are memory foam mattresses good for pregnancy?
Yes, memory foam mattresses can be a good option for pregnant women. Memory foam mattresses provide cushioning and contouring to keep the spine aligned and reduce pressure points.
You may want to revisit some parts of the article
- 1 Top 5 Best Mattresses For Pregnancy
- 2 Best Mattresses for Pregnancy Reviews
- 3 Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress
- 4 Lucid 12 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress
- 5 Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
- 6 TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe Breeze Mattress
- 7 WinkBeds GravityLux Mattress
- 8 What To Look for When Buying the Best Mattress for Pregnancy?
- 9 What’s The Best Type Of Mattress For Pregnancy?
- 10 Make Your Pregnancy Sleep More Comfortable
- 11 F.A.Q.