The king-size mattress is the most popular bed size sold today. In fact, this size is so popular that it accounts for nearly half of all mattress sales. If you have a king-size bed, you need to buy an appropriate mattress.
Top 5 Best King-Size Mattresses
- Sizes: King
- Construction Type: Foam
- Materials: 35% Micro-polyamide / 65% Polyester, T&N Adaptive foam
- Price: $$
- 1. Best Overall: TUFT & NEEDLE – Original King Adaptive Foam Mattress 98
- 2. Best Eco-friendly Materials: Saatva Solaire Adjustable Mattress 98
- 3. Best for Back Sleeper: Nectar Memory Foam Mattress 92
- 4. Best for All Kinds of Sleepers: Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress 92
- 5. Best for a Cooler Sleep: Leesa Original Mattress 87
Because these mattresses are so large, they have to be carefully constructed so that there are no comfort issues when you rest your body on them.
Therefore, choosing a suitable mattress can be quite difficult. I suggest you get acquainted with what you need to know before buying a bed for your home. I’ve also created a list of the top 5 best king-size mattresses just for you.
Best King-Size Mattresses Reviews
TUFT & NEEDLE – Original King Adaptive Foam Mattress
The TUFT & NEEDLE Original King Adaptive Foam Mattress is an all-foam mattress that features three different foam layers to accommodate various sleep preferences. The T&N Adaptive foam Mattress is designed to provide optimum comfort and support for side sleepers and back sleepers without being too firm or too soft.
This product is a king-size mattress that is filled with a proprietary blend of adaptive foam. The idea of these types of foam mattresses is that it has a solid structure but can conform to every individual part of your body and provide firmness where needed and softness where needed. Adaptive foam is designed to contour to your body’s unique shape, relieve pressure points, and enhance your sleep quality.
It also comes with a 10-year warranty and a 100-night sleep trial, which is incredible considering this mattress’s price point.
What I Like:
- The memory foam-based mattresses are produced with CertiPUR-US certified foam and sustainably sourced materials.
- An Adaptive foam mattress is an excellent option for those looking for a firm mattress.
- It is the perfect mattress for anyone suffering from back pain or just wants to be more comfortable at night.
Saatva Solaire Adjustable Mattress
The Saatva Solaris Adjustable Air Mattress has become a popular mattress choice for many people. It is no wonder that Saatva has received so many great reviews. This product is one of the most popular mattresses on the market today, and it has some nice features.
Each side of the mattress has a remote-controlled air chamber so that you can control the firmness of your side of the bed. Additionally, the modular design of the Solaire means that each side of the mattress is made from one solid piece of memory foam for extra support and durability. This also means that there is no need for a middle support layer, so there is nothing extra for you to rotate around as you sleep.
What I Like:
- The Saatva Solaire Adjustable Mattress is the perfect solution for those who don’t want to compromise on their mattress comfort but also don’t want to spend thousands on an adjustable bed or a luxury mattress set.
- Saatva is a hybrid mattress that has separate air chambers on each side. One side is softer, and one side is firmer. You can adjust them separately to get the comfort that you want.
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning with an aching back or a sore body, but many people do this every morning. The answer to this problem might just be the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress. While memory foam is often associated with being too soft, the Nectar mattress offers a medium level of firmness that should work for most people.
If you are after a top-quality mattress, that will give you and your partner enough support for a good night’s sleep, but without the weight of a traditional memory foam mattress. You should take a look at the Nectar. This mattress is made of five layers, with its most important layer being the cooling technology Tencel mattress cover.
The Nectar is a great choice for you if you are looking for a higher quality mattress that will give you all of the benefits of a memory foam mattress, but with the weight of a traditional bed and without the high cost of a conventional mattress.
What I Like:
- The Nectar mattress is a luxury memory foam mattress that provides a cooling sleep surface.
- Made with premium memory foam, this mattress has a soft comfort topper with a gel memory foam that keeps you cool and comfortable.
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress is the type of mattress that can appeal to a wide variety of sleepers, which is one reason we awarded this mattress a Best Buy award. There are many different variations of the Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress, each designed with a specific sleep type in mind. Some are firmer, while others are softer, but each is designed to provide optimal comfort for the sleeper most likely to enjoy it.
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress is a king-size mattress designed to provide comfort for each customer. This mattress’s top layer is made from a quilted top that provides optimal cooling while you sleep.
The middle tier of this mattress is made from a patented TitanFlex™ foam, which combines all the contouring properties of memory foam with latex responsiveness. The bottom layer of this mattress is made from a 6-inch base of individually encased coils. All these layers provide amazing comfort and an excellent sleep experience.
What I Like:
- This Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress is a mattress that has been designed to provide just the right amount of support for nearly any type of sleeper.
- This mattress has been designed to provide optimal cooling while you sleep.
Leesa Original Mattress
The Leesa mattress is the culmination of the knowledge gained over the years by a team of experts. It is the product of the team members’ collective experience, which includes an orthopedic surgeon, a polyurethane foam manufacturer, and a sleep technologist. Each of these individuals has been instrumental in the creation of the mattress.
Known for their unique mattress that features a hybrid design, the Original mattress is an excellent choice for those who prefer memory foam but want the option of support from a traditional coil system. While the Leesa Original mattress is considered a medium-firm mattress, it is a good fit for most sleeping preferences.
This mattress contains three layers, including memory foam, breathable foam, and solid core support. Such configuration provides excellent support for all sleeper types and also great for cooler sleep.
What I Like:
- The Leesa is made from breathable foam and a signature core support system that delivers the perfect mix of bounce and support.
- This is a comfortable king-size mattress on a budget.
Larger mattresses offer a lot of benefits, but they aren’t for everyone. When you’re ready to move to a king-size bed, you should consider all the factors before making a decision. The most significant benefit of king-sized mattresses is obvious: they are larger and allow you to sleep more comfortably. King-size beds are also suitable for couples or if you have a larger body. So let’s deep into the large mattress world and learn everything about this type of mattress.
Types of King Size Mattresses
The king-size mattresses are a modern type of bed that offers a lot of comfort and space to sleep in. These mattresses are large, and they are available in different styles.
First of all, I want to mention the materials from which they are made:
- Memory foam. Memory foam mattresses are top-rated because they are comfortable and affordable. They are also highly rated because they help you sleep better. Memory foam mattresses are a popular choice for those who have back and joint pain since the material is soft but supportive, so it conforms to your body as you sleep.
- Latex. Modern latex mattresses are typically made of a mixture of both natural and synthetic latex. A latex mattress is constructed using three types of latex foam: a top layer of softer latex foam, a firm core layer of hyper-elastic latex foam, and a bottom layer of firm latex. The latex foam itself is made from natural latex harvested from rubber trees in an entirely biodegradable process. Most latex mattresses have a layer of memory foam on top of the latex foam. One of the main reasons a person chooses a latex mattress is because of how long it lasts. Most latex mattresses can last between 10 and 20 years. It’s also hypoallergenic and doesn’t contain toxic or harmful elements.
- Innerspring. Innerspring mattresses have been the standard in the industry for years. They are constructed with springs encased in fabric or foam. The springs provide durability and support to the mattress, while the fabric or foam provides comfort and increases the mattress’s longevity. This kind of mattress is suitable for almost all sleepers.
- Hybrid. A hybrid mattress is a bed that uses both springs and foam to create a unique feel. Mattresses with springs have a different feeling than those with foam alone. The springs will give you a softer feel, while the foam will make your feel much stiffer. Hybrid mattresses combine the two to create a more natural sense.
These mattresses also have different sizes:
- King. This mattress comes in some of the largest sizes available, often measuring 80 inches or longer in length and 60 inches or more in width. This makes for a huge amount of space to fill. I provide plenty of space for a couple to sleep comfortably together.
- Eastern King. The Eastern King mattress dimensions are approximately 75″ x 78″ x 9″. This allows them to fit in the same size box spring as full mattresses, and therefore Eastern King mattresses can be used on the same bed frames as full mattresses.
- California King. Most California king mattresses are about 84 inches long and 72 inches wide. The extra length makes sleeping more comfortable for taller individuals.
- Split King. A split king mattress is separated into two pieces for easier delivery and handling. Split king mattresses are generally 80 inches wide and 75 inches long.
What To Look For In A Mattress
When you’re in the market for a new mattress, there are many options to choose from. Whether you’re in the market for a bed for purely ergonomic reasons or you’re also concerned about environmentally-friendly materials, the selection can be overwhelming. Since the mattresses available can have different firmnesses, types of support, and materials, it’s challenging to know which factors are most important to consider.
Depending on your sleeping position, you should choose the type of firmness of the king-size mattress. For example, a medium-firm bed is good for side sleepers. For those who prefer to sleep on their back, it is better to choose a soft mattress, which reduces pressure and allows you to relax your back, neck, and shoulders. For stomach sleepers, a firmer bed is suitable. It does not allow you to fall as in a cloud.
King-size is the best mattress for couples. It offers good support to the hips and shoulders. The mattress type is an important thing to be considered while purchasing a king-size bed. If you are still looking for the best mattress type, then a king-size memory foam mattress is probably your best option.
The king-size bed is one of the most popular bed sizes in the US, and it’s easy to see why. If you have space, nothing beats lying down at the end of the day and sinking deep into a soft, comfy mattress. But king-size beds are big and heavy, and that’s why it’s essential to make sure you have the right one for your home. So you need to consider the mattress’s weight before buying.
What Is The Most Comfortable King Mattress?
Material and foam mattresses are the most comfortable options for a king-size bed. But anyway, what you choose will depend on personal preference and budget. Innerspring mattresses provide a firm feel, while foam mattresses can feel too squishy for some people. Memory foam mattresses are the most common type of foam mattresses, and they offer a medium firmness.
What Is The Best Material For King Size Mattress?
There are many different mattresses available today. To make the right choice, it is essential to first talk about the three primary materials used in beds: memory foam, latex, and coiled springs. Memory foam has been around for around three decades now, and it’s an excellent choice for many reasons. It’s easy to move from place to place, and it doesn’t have any of the drawbacks of a spring mattress. Innerspring mattresses are usually provided a strong feeling, while latex beds are used to be more comfortable.
What Should A Good King Size Mattress Cost?
A mattress can cost anywhere from $200 to $3000, while a premium quality mattress can cost up to $5000. But what do you get for your money? The simple answer is quality. A quality mattress should be made from materials that will give you a good night’s sleep, like high-quality polyester and cotton. Beds made with these materials are much more durable than those made with inferior materials. There are even some companies that offer mattresses that are made entirely from memory foam, which is not only very soft but also very durable.
The Bottom Line
I’m sure you’ll agree that finding the right mattress is a difficult task, and I hope this article has helped you better understand what makes for an excellent king-size bed. For a quick and easy overview of all the mattresses I reviewed in this article; take a look at the list above, where I’ve summarised the best king-size mattresses on the market.
Also, I hope that provided information in my buyer’s guide will help you while choosing the best king-size mattress for your home.