Brief: Best Mattress For Back Sleepers
- Goal: Guide on selecting the best mattress for back sleepers.
- Challenge: Numerous options, each with specific features for back sleepers.
- Top 5 Mattresses for Back Sleepers:
- Zinus 8-Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress: Infused with green tea and charcoal, budget-friendly, ideal for back pain. Price: $.
- Saatva Classic Mattress: Hybrid innerspring, supportive, organic materials, 15-year warranty. Ideal for back sleepers seeking luxury and plushness.
- Helix Dusk: Breathable cover, great for stomach/side sleepers, medium firmness, good spinal alignment. Best for those concerned with heat retention.
- The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress: Offers cushion and support, minimal motion transfer, cooling effect, 365-night trial. Suitable for back sleepers seeking value.
- Layla Memory Foam Mattress: Double-sided with firm and soft options, copper-infused for antimicrobial properties. Good for back and stomach sleepers.
- Buyer’s Guide:
- Firmness: Medium-firm mattresses are optimal for back sleepers to maintain spine alignment.
- Innerspring: Good support, might be expensive.
- Latex: Durable, natural, but can be expensive and smell.
- Memory Foam: Conforms to body, but can retain heat.
- Hybrid: Combines foam and innerspring benefits.
- Considerations: Firmness, edge support, mattress type, pricing.
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers: Medium to firm mattresses with adequate pressure relief.
- Firm vs. Medium-Firm: Firm mattresses offer more support but less pressure relief than medium-firm.
- Motion Isolation: Important for uninterrupted sleep.
- Replacement Frequency: Every 7-8 years.
- Selection based on individual needs, comfort preferences, and specific back support requirements.
Back sleepers who want to buy a new mattress will find the selection process quite overwhelming. The options are pretty similar, but each offers specific features that are best suited for back sleepers. It can be difficult to decide which one is best for you, so here’s a buyer’s guide on how to choose the best mattress for back sleepers for comfortable all-night sleep.
Our Top 5 Best Mattress For Back Sleepers
One of the mattress’s standout features is the unique memory foam with green tea extract and charcoal infusions to absorb moisture and fight odor buildup.
It is easy to set up, take your mattress out of the box and enjoy watching it decompress.
Ideal for shoppers on a budget.
Trial period: 100 nights
Warranty: 10-year limited warranty
Price range: $
We recommend this mattress for the following sleepers:
Best Mattress For Back Sleepers Reviews
Zinus 8 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
Good morning! I’m here to talk with you about my new favorite mattress, the Zinus 8 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress. The Zinus 8-inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a firm but comfortable sleep surface. One of my favorite features is the adjustable base that can be modified to your desired preference.
I also love that this mattress comes with a 10-year warranty, so if anything goes wrong, you can easily return or replace it, no questions asked. This mattress is perfect for those who are struggling with back pain because of its supportive base foam and memory foam layers.
I have been waking up refreshed each morning, and I have been able to get a better night’s sleep because of this mattress. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is in the market for a new mattress.
What I Like
- Conforming and comfortable.
- Durable and sturdy.
- Affordable price tag.
- 10-year warranty.
- American made.
Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva Classic Mattress is a mattress for back sleepers who want support, comfort, and extra plushness. This hybrid innerspring mattress combines springs and memory foam to create the perfect balance between supportive yet comfortable.
Its 180-night home trial means you can test it in your regular home for free to see if it’s right for you before committing to it. The 15-year warranty assures that the company stands behind its product. The company is also well-known for its customer service. Sleep experts verified that the Saatva Classic Mattress was a good choice for back sleepers and compared it with other mattresses.
The Saatva Classic Mattress is a mattress for back sleepers who want memory foam comfort with the support of springs. Its patented coil-on-coil spring system provides the bounce you need to keep your spine aligned, while memory foam cushions you for superior pressure relief.
What I Like
- The Saatva Mattress is a good choice for back sleepers who want support and extra plushness.
- The mattress has the perfect balance between soft and supportive.
- The Saatva Mattress is made with organic materials. This eliminates concerns about harmful chemicals used during manufacturing, such as formaldehyde, phthalates, and ozone depleters.
- The company offers free in-home delivery and set up to ensure convenience and minimize hassle for you during the mattress buying process.
Give your back the sleep it deserves with Helix Dusk! The mattress is designed to aid recovery and contour your body. This helps relieve stress on your back, neck, and joints. If you are looking for great support while sleeping on your stomach or side, then this may be the perfect option for you!
The mattress cover is designed to be breathable, making this an ideal option if one of your major concerns with mattresses is heat retention.
While this mattress is relatively comfortable for all sleeping positions, it works best for back sleepers. Helix Dusk offers great spinal alignment, which is key to avoiding pain and other discomforts that often come with other mattress types. If you are a stomach or side sleeper who takes motion transfer into account, this mattress does an excellent job of not feeling the shifting of your partner depending on their weight distribution.
This mattress is available in a Medium feel, designed to be firm but still include pressure relief.
What I Like
- The mattress is made with a high-quality foam that is designed to help relieve back pain and pressure.
- The Helix Dusk mattress boasts a breathable cover, making it a great option if you sleep hot.
- If you are looking for a great option for stomach or side sleepers, this may be the right fit for you as well.
- There is very little motion transfer with this mattress, which means that you will hardly feel it if your partner moves around during the night.
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is a luxury, high-quality mattress for back sleepers that offers an amazing cushion and support with minimal motion transfer. This mattress has everything you’re looking for in a new bed with a breathable cooling effect and medium-firm feeling.
Free shipping free returns, and a 365-night Home Trial. This is the perfect gift for someone who is hard to shop for or gives their significant other a nice time when they can’t get away from work.
The Nectar uses premium memory foam to provide comfort while hugging your body without making you feel like you’re sinking in as regular mattresses do. You stay cool with the breathable cooling effect that is involved with the Nectar.
The foam doesn’t retain body heat like regular mattresses do but still provides an amazing cushion. The mattress also has minimal motion transfer, so you won’t wake up your partner when you get in or out of bed. Lastly, the support level is medium-firm because it gives you the needed support without making your back hurt while remaining firm enough to provide you with all of the support that you need.
What I Like
- The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is a premium mattress for back sleepers that is affordable and provides comfort and support so you can sleep better.
- You feel cooler with the breathable cooling effect that is involved with the Nectar.
- You wake up less sore due to the lack of motion transfer, so you don’t wake up your partner as much as those who buy regular mattresses would.
- You get medium-firm support without any pressure points or numbness that come along with cheaper medium-firm beds.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress
A mattress company has recently come to the market with their new product called Layla Memory Foam Mattress. The company claims that this mattress is perfect for back sleepers and stomach sleepers alike because of the firm side for increased support and less sink.
The company also claims that copper is naturally antimicrobial, preventing bacteria from forming and becoming a breeding ground. In contrast, the copper gel in the memory foam naturally condenses under pressure, preventing your body from sleeping on an uncomfortable stomach.
Back sleepers and stomach sleepers will enjoy the firm side with increased support and less sink.
While back sleepers need more pressure relief, stomach sleepers need more support for their hips. This way, both types of sleepers get what they need. You can choose between a softer or firmer feel, depending on your liking.
What I Like
- The mattress is made from a combination of copper, gel, and foam that work together to eliminate odor, mold, and mildew.
- The foam is certified CertiPUR-US®. This helps to fight bacteria growth while maintaining the breathable sensation of the memory foam layer.
- The Layla mattress is made with low-VOC materials, which means no harmful chemicals are released into the air while it’s being made or while you sleep on it.
The first step towards buying a new bed should be deciding what type of mattress you should choose. There are four common types of mattresses available, two of which should be avoided. The best mattress type should be chosen for you by first looking at your sleeping position; then, the other three styles are compared to determine which one is best for you. The following sections will explain the different types of mattresses for back sleepers, along with the features to look out for.
Which Mattress Firmness Is Best For Back Sleepers?
Mattress firmness is determined by how much the mattress will give under pressure. There are three categories of firmness: soft, medium, and hard. Back sleepers who want to get the most out of this position should opt for a medium-firm mattress so their spine won’t curve. A softer mattress will push you to the center and bend your back, while a harder one can cause you to lose sleep because it’s too painful to lie on for too long.
Soft Mattress for Back Sleepers
A soft mattress consists of a thick comfort layer and a thin firmer base. They are best for side sleepers who prefer the feel of sinking into the mattress, and it’s easy on pressure points. This type of mattress is very common due to its popularity with consumers, but it’s not so good for back sleepers.
Medium Firm Mattress for Back Sleepers
Once you get past this point, you’re in medium firmness territory. The support comes from a firmer center and is still considered “medium-firm” due to the comfort layers on top. These are the most popular mattresses because they give you the best of both worlds. If you love to sleep on your side, this mattress will be perfect for you. It should still be okay if you sleep on your back, but your spine might curve slightly.
Hard Mattress for Back Sleepers
The last category is the firmest ones with no give at all. The whole surface is made of tough layers, so there’s no soft spot to sink into when lying down. This bed is best for back sleepers because it keeps their spine in alignment and provides stable support.
Which Type Of Mattress Is Best For Back Sleepers?
There are four main types of mattresses that back sleepers should consider:
The first type is the traditional spring mattress. These are made up of coils mounted on top of one another through metal or wooden support frames. They can be either split (like an airbed) or non-split (like a box spring).
The mattress firmness comes from the mattress springs, which compress and expand as you move around on it. These types of mattresses are generally more expensive than other types, but it’s worth the price to get the most out of your sleep positions!
Latex Mattress For Back Sleepers
This type is made up of many layers composed of natural materials. They are popular with people who prefer a more organic feel, but they’re not popular with back sleepers. The benefit of latex is that it is very durable, but its disadvantages include the smell and the sound.
This type is typically more expensive than other mattress types, so this might not be your best choice if you don’t care about these factors. It’s also important to know that many people have allergic reactions to latex, so you should be careful about making sure it’s clean before lying down.
Memory Foam Mattresses For Back Sleepers
This type of mattress is made from a unique material that has a very similar feel to memory foam. However, these layers are just made up of a viscoelastic or memory gel that will conform to your body temperature and shape. Memory foam is very popular, but it gives off a lot of heat, making you feel warmer than usual – not good for back sleepers!
Hybrid Mattresses For Back Sleepers
This type is the combination of the best qualities of all these four types. It consists of a soft comfort layer, medium firmness coils, and a supportive base. The mattress will conform to your body’s shape and provide perfect support no matter what position you sleep in. These are great for back sleepers who want to get the most out of this position because it offer firm support while still feeling soft enough to sink into.
What To Consider While Choosing The Best Mattress For Back Sleepers
Because there are so many types of mattresses, it can be tricky to choose one that’s best for you. Here are the factors that you should consider when making this decision.
The first thing that you need to consider is the mattress’s firmness. Back sleepers tend to prefer medium-firm mattresses because they provide the most support and aren’t too hard. However, keep in mind that these kinds of mattresses often give off a lot of heat because they compress under pressure, so make sure your room is cool enough!
This item should be considered before buying any mattress. The mattress should have a well-built frame that will prevent it from sagging or even breaking if the weight of your body causes it to press too much against the frame. You should also see how thick the mattress is. Thicker mattresses are more durable, but they are heavier.
There are four main types of mattresses: memory foam, innerspring, latex, and hybrid. Each type has its pros and cons, so you need to decide which one suits your needs best! You can get all your questions answered by reading our buyer’s guide on choosing which mattress will be best for you!
The final consideration is pricing. Overall, most back sleepers prefer mattress prices that are $700 or more. You will need to balance this factor with firmness, but it’s always better to lower the price than increase it!
The Bottom Line
We hope that this article helps answer all your questions about choosing the best mattress for back sleepers. It’s true that there are many different options out there, and it can be easy to get confused! As we mentioned, the best way to choose the perfect mattress is by doing your research. If you’re interested in how to pick a mattress, check out our buyer’s guide on choosing the best mattress for back sleepers.
What is the best mattress for back sleepers?
Back sleepers should look for medium to firm mattresses, with adequate pressure relief, support, and motion isolation.
How does a mattress feel for back sleepers?
A mattress should feel comfortable to back sleepers. It should hug the body and provide enough support to keep the spine in neutral alignment.
Can a firm mattress be too firm for back sleepers?
Yes, a mattress can be too firm for back sleepers. It should have a slightly cushioned top and contour to the body to provide enough pressure relief.
What type of mattress is best for back sleepers?
For back sleepers, memory foam, hybrid, or latex mattresses are the best choices as they provide adequate support and contour to the body.
What type of mattress is the most comfortable for back sleepers?
Memory foam mattresses are the most comfortable for back sleepers as they are able to contour the body and provide pressure relief.
What is the difference between a firm mattress and a medium-firm mattress for back sleepers?
A firm mattress offers more support than a medium-firm mattress. Medium-firm mattresses offer less resistance, providing better pressure relief for back sleepers.
Do back sleepers need a mattress with motion isolation?
Yes, back sleepers should look for mattresses with motion isolation to prevent tossing and turning during the night.
How often should a back sleeper replace their mattress?
Back sleepers should replace their mattress every 7-8 years to ensure they are getting proper support and optimum comfort.
What type of mattress padding is best for back sleepers?
Pillow-top, hybrid, or memory foam mattresses are the best padding choices for back sleepers as they provide pressure relief and contour to the curves of the body.
Do back sleepers need a mattress with edge support?
Yes, back sleepers should look for mattresses that offer edge support to keep the spine in neutral alignment when sleeping on the edge of the bed.
How can I tell if a mattress is too firm for me as a back sleeper?
Lie down on the mattress to determine if it contours and supports your body shape and offers enough pressure relief. If the mattress does not conform to the body, it could be too firm for you.
What is the best mattress for back pain relief?
Memory foam, hybrid, or latex mattresses are best for back pain relief as they offer maximum support and pressure relief.
What type of mattress is the best for back sleepers with neck pain?
Memory foam mattresses are the best choice for back sleepers with neck pain as they contour to the body and provide the necessary support and pressure relief.
Are there special mattress options available for back sleepers with allergies?
Yes, there are mattresses with hypoallergenic materials that are designed for back sleepers with allergies.
Are firm mattresses bad for back sleepers?
No, firm mattresses are not always bad for back sleepers. They should provide enough cushioning and contour to the body for optimal support and pressure relief.
You may want to revisit some parts of the article
- 1 Our Top 5 Best Mattress For Back Sleepers
- 2 Best Mattress For Back Sleepers Reviews
- 3 Zinus 8 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- 4 Saatva Classic Mattress
- 5 Helix Dusk
- 6 The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
- 7 Layla Memory Foam Mattress
- 8 Buyer’s Guide
- 9 Which Mattress Firmness Is Best For Back Sleepers?
- 10 Which Type Of Mattress Is Best For Back Sleepers?
- 11 What To Consider While Choosing The Best Mattress For Back Sleepers
- 12 The Bottom Line
- 13 FAQ