Brief: Best Innerspring Mattresses for Side Sleepers
- Focus: Guide on innerspring mattresses suitable for side sleepers.
- Importance: Provides better bounce, support, and pressure point relief.
- Top 5 Innerspring Mattresses For Side Sleepers:
- Saatva Classic Mattress: Handcrafted, dual-coil design, organic cotton cover.
- DreamCloud Premier: Hybrid of memory foam and innerspring, 365-night trial.
- WinkBeds Luxury Hybrid Mattress: Great for back pain, SleepCalm™ Motion Isolation Technology.
- GhostBed Flex Hybrid Mattress: 7 layers of hybrid comfort, cooling technology.
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress: Premium quilted top, various firmness levels.
- Detailed Reviews:
- Saatva Classic Mattress: Designed for side sleepers, responsive coils, 15-year warranty.
- DreamCloud Premier: Eco-friendly materials, luxury hand-tufted cashmere cover.
- WinkBeds Luxury Hybrid Mattress: 3-step back-relief system, Memory Foam layer.
- GhostBed Flex Hybrid Mattress: Gel memory foam, supportive coil system.
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress: Triple-layer memory foam, high-density base.
- Buyer’s Guide – Choosing an Innerspring Mattress:
- Considerations: Motion isolation, coil count, pressure relief, temperature control, edge support.
- Durability: Typically lasts between 5-10 years depending on quality.
- Benefits for Side Sleepers: Superior bounce, better support, comfort, durability.
- Best Type for Side Sleepers: Innerspring mattresses offer a mix of comfort and firmness ideal for side sleepers.
- Ideal Mattress Features: Look for a softer or medium-firm mattress for best side sleeping support.
- Mattress Size and Type: Depends on personal preference, but usually a twin or full-size mattress with 10-12 inches depth.
- Hybrid and Memory Foam Options: Both can be suitable for side sleepers, depending on individual comfort and support needs.
- Adjustable Beds and Heavyweight Considerations: Adjustable beds can be beneficial; innerspring mattresses can support heavier weights.
- Importance: Right innerspring mattress is crucial for side sleepers’ comfort and health.
- Recommendation: Consider personal needs and preferences, focusing on support, comfort, and mattress durability.
Though there are many mattress brands today, one of the most popular ones is still the innerspring mattress. The innerspring provides better bounce and spring than other types of mattresses because it layers steel coils on a metal grid and supports the mattress.
In addition, innerspring mattresses are great for side sleepers to support their body and relieve pressure points. This article will help you know more about innerspring mattresses for side sleepers and learn their core benefits.
Top 5 Innerspring Mattresses For Side Sleepers
This mattress is handcrafted using the highest quality materials.
The mattress has a naturally breathable organic cotton cover and dual-coil design that allows more airflow to help disperse body heat.
Saatva has premium coils designed for the ultimate combination of comfort and support for those who sleep on their side.
Trial period: 365 nights
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Free in-room delivery & setup
Price range: $$$$$
We recommend this mattress for the following sleepers:
Best Innerspring Mattresses For Side Sleepers Reviews
Saatva Classic Mattress
A mattress is the single most important purchase for your sleep. Your bed should be comfortable, supportive, and cool. Saatva mattresses are designed to provide you with all three of those attributes so you can have a restful night no matter how long it is.
A Saatva Mattress is an excellent choice for side sleepers because it has responsive coils that cradle your body while also providing enhanced back support with its plush & breathable sleep surface. Side sleepers also benefit from the absence of traditional sagging edges on these mattresses which are notorious for trapping heat and moisture against your body all night long.
As the flagship mattress in Saatva’s collection, the Classic is designed for side sleepers and offers a significant number of benefits for those planning to spend a significant amount of time on their side sleeping.
What I Like
- You are purchasing a high end mattress with a high end warranty. Saatva mattresses offer a 15 year warranty which is one of the best in the industry.
- The Saatva Mattress offers a unique hybrid design that combines two different mattress components to maximize its benefits: premium coils and memory foam.
- Saatva has premium coils which are designed for the ultimate combination of comfort and support for those who sleep on their side or enjoy exploring a wide variety of sleeping positions throughout the night.
The DreamCloud is a hybrid of memory foam and innerspring coils, which means that you get the best of both worlds: the comfort and pressure relief of memory foam with the back support and resistance to motion transfer that innerspring mattresses offer. The bed comes with a 365-Night Trial, so you can try it at home for one full year before deciding if you want to keep it.
It has a lifetime warranty so should anything happen to your mattress over time or if there’s an issue or flaw, they will repair or replace it for free. DreamCloud only uses eco-friendly materials such as natural cashmere blend cover and low-VOC CertiPur US certified foam encasement. This means that it’s safe for your family, pets, and the environment.
This mattress includes a luxury hand-tufted cashmere cover and a breathable clear waterproof Euro-top layer that prevents liquids like sweat, heat, or body oils from seeping into the mattress and potentially causing serious damage or ruining it entirely. The DreamCloud is filled with layers of support from compressed innerspring coils and a dual-layer of high-density foam on the sides to create a firm yet comfortable sleeping surface for side sleepers.
What I Like
- This mattress is rated for side sleepers but you can use it for any sleeping type.
- The DreamCloud is also very supportive, so if you have issues with back pain/spasms this mattress will be great for you.
- DreamCloud is made of natural materials which means it’s good for the environment and animals. No harmful chemicals can enter the body throughout and cause damage or illness on animals or humans!
- The DreamCloud has a 365-Night Trial, so if you’re not sure if this mattress is right for you, you can cover the cost of it and try it for a year before making your decision.
WinkBeds Luxury Hybrid Mattress
WinkBeds mattresses are great for back pain. If you are compressed or misshapen in any way, this will make your body naturally adjust to its natural position. Their system is specially designed to make sure that even if you toss and turn all night, your partner will be able to sleep just fine.
Sound like a cloud? It’s actually the latest in technology in our 3-step back-relief system. They use SleepCalm™ Motion Isolation Technology that prevents your movements from disrupting your partner. All of the covers are made with 100% natural fibers that help regulate the sleeping temperature throughout the night so it won’t get too hot or too cold, even on the warmest or coldest summer or winter night.
Foam mattresses are most popular because they are comfortable and affordable. However, foam isn’t great for long-term use that affects your posture and spine. That’s why the cover has a Memory Foam layer with a Gel Infused Memory Foam Layer that creates a cool sleeping experience that’s still firm enough for support.
The cover is made with natural fibers 100% Tencel, making it durable and luxurious to the touch. It’s stain-resistant, hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, water repellent, and free of any emissions like volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
WinkBeds is much more than a mattress; it’s a Hybrid Mattress that combines the best of both worlds, innersprings, and foam. It has an individually wrapped coil system to create the support you need to keep your spine aligned.
What I Like
- A patent-pending motion isolation system creates a peaceful sleep environment.
- All vinyl-free natural materials for greater environmental protection.
- The mattress comes with a 120-night risk-free trial period, and same like any other innerspring bed, you get to keep your mattress as long as you want after the trial period.
GhostBed Flex Hybrid Mattress
The GhostBed Flex Hybrid mattress is the new creation from GhostBed. It offers 13” height and 7 layers of hybrid comfort. In addition, you will get the best of both worlds: supportive coils combined with contouring memory foam.
The comfortable and supportive coil system allows for better pressure distribution across the sleeping surface. This mattress is also coated in a delicious quilted cover with cooling air-flow technology to keep you feeling cool and fresh throughout the night.
Built-in edge support ensures this mattress can last through a lazy day of lounging around on your stomach, and even after 101 nights, it will still be as good as new! The GhostBed Flex Hybrid also includes a 25-year warranty and free shipping.
These characteristics make GhostBed ideal for side sleepers: it offers more support on the sides since there is less rebound. Compared to the competition, GhostBed also has a supportive edge that prevents the head or shoulders from flipping or rolling off the side while sleeping at night.
What I Like
- GhostBed offers you the best of both worlds: supportive coils combined with contouring memory foam.
- GhostBed is a breakthrough mattress that doesn’t produce any chemical off-gassing.
- The mattress has new technology in design and comfortable materials.
- It also cuts down on motion transfer, and you will feel more relaxed in your sleep.
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress is built for the rigors of side sleepers. The premium quilted top helps to resist body impressions that can create uncomfortable high and low spots over time, while the patented TitanFlex™ foam layer provides pressure relief so you can sleep all night long.
Your mattress comes with an 8” base with 961 individually encased Ascension® coils for great feel and height so you won’t bottom out, plus a high-density flex base that adds durability. And because not everyone likes the same level of support, it’s offered in three levels of firmness to let you choose what feels best for your individual needs.
What I Like
- The mattress helps relieve pressure points and give you better sleep on your back, side, and stomach.
- Triple-layer of memory foam, so you get three levels of support in this mattress.
- A high-density base with a high-quality quilted top will provide extra comfort and durability to this mattress.
- Available in three firmness levels, allow you to select the right level at which the mattress can comfortably provide you with the needed support and comfort.
Innerspring mattresses are one of the most popular brands in the market. However, there are many models of the innerspring to confuse you. How can you find the best one for your needs? Keep reading to learn more about the best innerspring mattress for side sleepers with its benefits and things to consider when choosing the right one for your needs.
What Is an Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
Innerspring mattresses are made from fine steel coils held on a support grid. The coils are placed in the middle of the support grid in a pattern like a donut shape.
The mattress is made with two layers of high-quality comfort materials that support and comfort the sleeper. The coils are able to move when you move, thus giving you great bounce while providing superior cushioning under your body.
Innerspring mattresses become softer with use and require no flipping or turning. They come in various sizes and have varying firmness levels, but most side sleepers can find a model that works just right for them.
Why Should You Buy Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
The main reason why buying an innerspring mattress for side sleepers is that it provides superior bounce and spring, provides better support, and relieves pressure on your body.
Innerspring mattresses are perfect for side sleepers who want to move around in the bed without disturbing their partner, who need great support, and for those who like sleeping at a cool temperature.
Benefits Of An Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
Side sleepers tend to rotate their bodies while they rest on the bed. This can cause their hips and shoulders to become misaligned with other mattresses. Innerspring mattresses are more durable and provide better support than other mattresses.
Innerspring mattresses give you the right amount of pressure relief, support, and comfort regardless of your body type or weight. They are especially beneficial for side sleepers.
Side sleepers always have problems finding a mattress that can give them excellent pressure and neck pain relief but still provide enough firmness in their hips, backside, shoulder blade area, etc.
Side sleepers also have a more difficult time finding a mattress that works well for both partners. Innerspring mattresses can have 2 or 4 sides to support each sleeper. In addition, they are all made of the same quality materials and last for years.
Innerspring mattresses also come in various sizes. There are two sizes that side sleepers can purchase such as full, queen, and king sizes. The larger the size, the more firm it will be. Generally, side sleepers would want a soft mattress for comfortable sleeping but still provide proper support for their back and neck.
What To Consider When Buying An Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
When buying an innerspring mattress for side sleepers, there are some important factors to take into account, such as the following.
Because innerspring mattresses have a metal grid, they are more durable than other mattresses and will not deform easily. However, when you rest on it, you may feel your partner’s movements through the bed if they move a lot during their sleep.
This can wake you up a little bit and make it more difficult for you to get deeper into your restful sleep. That is why you need to choose the innerspring mattress with motion isolation properties to better sleep for you and your partner.
A high-quality mattress will have a 300 or greater coil count on each side that makes up the mattress. The coil count refers to the number of coils on each side of the bed and gives you an idea of how firm and supportive it will be.
You want a mattress that relieves pressure points on your body as well as provides a surface where you can get proper support throughout your body. A good quality mattress should provide pressure relief to ensure that you sleep comfortably, especially when you are sleeping on your side.
Innersprings mattresses generally conform to a sleeper’s body quickly and can help to provide proper temperature control through their superior breathability and their ability to move moisture away from the sleeper’s body for more restful sleep.
An innerspring mattress has a surface that is symmetrical and uniform in shape. On the edge of the bed, you will find coils that are evenly spaced on each edge and are actually part of the support system on the mattress that provides support to the sleeper. Innerspring mattresses offer good edge support so they can provide the right amount of firmness for your body regardless of whether you sleep on your back or your side.
How Long Will An Innerspring Mattress Last?
Innerspring mattresses last much longer than other types of mattresses. Because they are made from steel coils, they can withstand the test of time. An innerspring mattress can last between 5 and 10 years, depending on its quality.
However, it is important to choose a high-quality product that will last for a long time for you to get the most benefits and value out of it.
The Bottom Line
You can now see why innerspring mattresses for side sleepers are top-rated. Knowing the best innerspring mattress for side sleepers is important because it will give you a better quality of sleep and make things much easier for you and your partner.
Side sleepers get the most benefits from innerspring mattresses. Side sleeping causes a lot of stress on your body because you cannot keep your spine aligned when sleeping on your side, which is why you must find an innerspring mattress that provides proper support to minimize these stresses on your body. I hope this article gave you vast information about how to choose the best innerspring mattress for side sleepers for your comfortable sleep.
What is the best mattress for side sleepers?
Innerspring mattresses are often the best choice for side sleepers, as they provide a balance of comfort and firmness. They also offer more support and less sinking, which is important for back and neck support.
Are innerspring mattresses good for side sleepers?
Yes, innerspring mattresses can be a great choice for side sleepers. They typically offer a mix of support and comfort, which is important for side sleepers who need the extra cushioning but don’t want to sink too deep into the mattress.
What kind of innerspring mattress should side sleepers choose?
When choosing an innerspring mattress for side sleepers, be sure to choose one that has a softer or medium-firm comfort level. This will provide the best combination of pressure relief and support for side sleepers.
How much support should side sleepers look for in a mattress?
Side sleepers should look for mattresses that provide both comfort and support. Generally, a mattress should offer a contouring effect, while also providing adequate support to keep the spine in a neutral position.
Is a plush mattress good for side sleepers?
Plush mattresses can be a good option for side sleepers as they usually offer a balance of pressure relief and support. It is important to test out a variety of mattresses to ensure that you find the correct level of comfort and support for your needs.
Are hybrid mattresses good for side sleepers?
Yes, hybrid mattresses can be a great choice for side sleepers. These mattresses combine coils, foam, and other materials, and offer a balance of comfort and support.
Are memory foam mattresses good for side sleepers?
Yes, memory foam mattresses can be a great choice for side sleepers. Memory foam contours to the body and can help reduce pressure points, while also providing adequate support.
What size innerspring mattress should a side sleeper choose?
Side sleepers should choose an innerspring mattress that is large enough to fit their body comfortably. Generally, side sleepers should choose a mattress that is at least 10-12 inches in depth, and a twin or full-size mattress is usually more than enough.
Can side sleepers use adjustable beds?
Yes, adjustable beds can be a great option for side sleepers. Adjustable beds allow the user to customize the position of the mattress to fit their body, which can be beneficial for side sleepers who need extra pressure relief and support.
How long should a side sleeper expect an innerspring mattress to last?
The life of an innerspring mattress depends on several factors, including the quality of construction and materials used. Generally, innerspring mattresses can last anywhere from 5-10 years.
Can I flip my innerspring mattress?
Innerspring mattresses should not typically be flipped unless the mattress is one-sided. Flipping your mattress can cause it to break down faster over time, leading to a shorter life span.
Are innerspring mattresses good for heavyweight people?
Yes, innerspring mattresses can be a good option for heavier people, as they can offer support and pressure relief for larger body types. However, it is important to test out a variety of mattresses to ensure that the mattress is providing the necessary level of support.
You may want to revisit some parts of the article
- 1 Top 5 Innerspring Mattresses For Side Sleepers
- 2 Best Innerspring Mattresses For Side Sleepers Reviews
- 3 Saatva Classic Mattress
- 4 DreamCloud Premier
- 5 WinkBeds Luxury Hybrid Mattress
- 6 GhostBed Flex Hybrid Mattress
- 7 Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress
- 8 Buyer’s Guide
- 9 What Is an Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
- 10 Why Should You Buy Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
- 11 Benefits Of An Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
- 12 What To Consider When Buying An Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers
- 13 How Long Will An Innerspring Mattress Last?
- 14 The Bottom Line
- 15 FAQ