Brief: Best Mattresses for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Problem: Neck and shoulder pain can disrupt sleep.
- Solution: Mattresses designed for neck and shoulder pain relief.
- Top 5 Mattresses for Neck and Shoulder Pain:
- Saatva Classic Mattress: Best overall. Features include spinal alignment support, hypoallergenic cotton, and three firmness levels. Benefits: supports hips, shoulders, back, and enhances sleep quality. Additional details: 365-night trial, lifetime warranty, hybrid type.
- Helix Midnight Mattress: Best for side sleepers. Offers pressure point relief, breathable cover, and supports side sleeping. Warranty: 100-night trial, 10-year warranty.
- Nolah Original 10 Inch Mattress: Best cooling mattress. Features Cooling AirFoam™, pressure relief, and gentle body contouring. Additional: 120-night trial, lifetime warranty.
- Casper Original Mattress: Best value. Provides balanced sleep with Zoned Support™, AirScape™ cooling material, and 100-night trial.
- Layla Memory Foam Mattress: Best for pressure relief. Offers two firmness levels in one mattress, with copper-infused memory foam and airflow support foam.
- Buyer’s Guide:
- Purpose: Mattresses for neck and shoulder pain provide targeted support and comfort.
- Key Benefits: Includes pain relief, back support, and improved comfort.
- Mattress Type: Recommended are soft-edged, supportive mattresses.
- Firmness: Personal preference, though many with neck or shoulder pain prefer medium firmness.
- Motion Isolation: Important for those sharing a bed.
- Edge Support: Essential for preventing rolling off the bed.
- Best Types: Memory foam and hybrid mattresses are generally best.
- Firmness: Firm mattresses are not typically recommended; medium firmness is preferable.
- Hybrid Mattresses: Suitable, as they offer both support and contouring.
- Mattress Toppers: Can provide additional comfort and support.
- Sleep Preferences: Varies; memory foam is often preferred for contouring.
- Chronic Pain: Memory foam and hybrid mattresses are recommended.
- Side Sleepers: Hybrid mattresses are suitable.
- Spinal Health: Mattress firmness should support proper spinal alignment.
- Old Mattresses: Advisable to replace every 8-10 years for optimal support.
- Summary: Selection should focus on firmness, motion isolation, and edge support.
- Goal: Guide aims to assist in finding a mattress that alleviates neck and shoulder pain.
A good night’s rest is essential to a healthy lifestyle. While it is often taken for granted, the time when you are asleep should not be wasted tossing and turning in agony from uncomfortable sleep! But if you’re suffering from neck and shoulder pain, night sleep can be challenging.
There are many things you can do to make your mattress better for you, and one of these may be to purchase a mattress designed specifically with neck and shoulder pain in mind. This guide will help you choose the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain with no fuss.
Top 5 Best Mattresses For Neck And Shoulder Pain
Saatva Classic Mattress ensures healthy spinal alignment no matter how you sleep.
Cover made with naturally breathable organic hypoallergenic cotton help disperse body heat.
Saatva Classic provides excellent support for your hips, shoulders, and back.
Trial period: 365-night home trial
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Free in-room delivery & setup
Three level firmness
Price range: $$$$$
We recommend this mattress for the following sleepers:
Ideal for average weight back sleepers.
Ideal for average weight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for average weight side sleepers.
Best Mattresses For Neck And Shoulder Pain Reviews
Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva classic is an exclusive, high-quality mattress that combines the benefits of two different materials – innerspring and foam. The unique design of this mattress provides ultimate comfort and support for your entire body while enabling you to sleep comfortably on your side or back.
As a result of its excellent construction and design, this mattress offers a very comfortable sleep surface with no sagging edges. You will also enjoy enhanced back support thanks to the responsiveness of its coils which cradle your body without any pressure points. Experiencing the comfortable sleep of the Saatva classic will lessen your pain and improve your health.
As mentioned earlier, this mattress is a hybrid – it combines coils and foam in its design. The lower layer of the mattress is made of coils which provide fantastic back support, while the addition of memory foam makes it very comfy and luxurious. The comfort layer also has gel-infused memory foam, which is known to be very cozy.
What I Like
- This mattress is a great choice for anyone who is suffering from back pain. This mattress’s lightweight construction and durable design make it ideal for those who want to sleep more comfortably and move more freely during the night.
- The Saatva Classic provides excellent support for your hips, shoulders, and back. It also offers good airflow, which keeps your body cooler during hot months or cold nights without overheating you in the process.
- This hybrid mattress is a superb fit for couples as it offers both softness and support. If you sleep with a close friend, then you will appreciate this product’s ability to balance out pressure on both sides of the bed, thanks to its responsive coils.
Helix Midnight Mattress
Helix Midnight Mattress offers a 100-night trial and 10-year warranty, as well as pressure point relief and an exclusive breathable cover. In addition to these benefits, its coils provide unparalleled side sleeper support. All things considered, Helix Midnight Mattress is an excellent choice for those who want the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain.
Helix Midnight Mattress actually has its roots in an innovative idea that was proven to improve the lives of thousands of people. Instead of relying on a traditional foam mattress, each Helix mattress is created by layering high-quality hypoallergenic memory foam and gel-infused natural wool. The result is a combination that offers pressure point relief and excellent support for your neck and shoulders when it comes to back pain.
In addition to these benefits, Helix Midnight Mattress also features an exclusive breathable naturally antibacterial cover. This feature keeps dust mites contained so that your sheets will stay clean longer than with other mattresses on the market today.
What I Like
- Helix Midnight Mattress has individually wrapped coils that allow you to sleep on your side without worrying about restless tossing and turning.
- Thanks to its specially formulated gel memory foam, the mattress also offers pressure point relief.
- The breathable cover of Helix Midnight Mattress keeps dust mites contained so that your sheets will stay cleaner longer than with other mattresses on the market today.
- The product features a 100-night trial sleep and a 10-year warranty.
Nolah Original 10 Inch Mattress
The Nolah mattress offers long-lasting durability, superior pressure relief, gentle body contouring, and excellent cooling with a snow-white Tencel™ cover. The 10” thick mattress has Cooling AirFoam™, which is made in the USA. A 120-night trial and lifetime warranty with free mattress shipping make the Nolah Original 10-inch mattress and ultimate purchase.
The Nolah Original 10-inch Mattress is an excellent choice for those looking for long-lasting durability without sacrificing comfort or breathability. The mattress consists of Comfort Foam™, Cooling AirFoam™, and Tencel® fibers, making it formaldehyde-free sleeping support. The Nolah Original Mattress offers long-lasting durability, superior pressure relief, gentle body contouring, and excellent cooling with a snow-white Tencel® cover.
The Nolah Original 10 Inch Mattress is not just a mattress but is rather an ultimate purchase for those looking for longevity. The Nolah Mattress has no harmful chemicals and uses natural ingredients in its construction.
What I Like
- The product has improved cooling sensation.
- The manufacturer offers free shipping and a 120-night convenient trial period.
- Lifetime guarantee and a money-back guarantee too!
Casper Original Mattress
Casper’s flagship mattress is designed to give you the comfortable, balanced sleep of your dreams. It delivers on all the important things for a great night’s sleep: pressure relief, temperature regulation, and support. Whether you’re looking to get off neck and shoulder pain or just find new ways to get a better night’s rest, this is the right pick for you!
This mattress offers numerous benefits. For example, Zoned Support™ means softer foams are kept in certain areas of your mattress to provide additional support where it’s needed most. AirScape™ is a cooling material that helps to keep you cool by wicking away sweat and pulling in cooler air from all around your mattress. This allows you to wake up feeling refreshed instead of sweaty!
Casper offers one of the longest sleep trials in the business and wants you to be sure this mattress is the right choice for you before you take the plunge. When your new mattress arrives, try it out for at least 100 nights. If you’re not satisfied, just return it, and they’ll arrange to pick it up. It’s that simple. And if you feel that Casper isn’t right for you, they’ve got a support team standing by ready to help.
In addition, the manufacturer stands by their products with a ten-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects and quality issues.
What I Like
- It provides a 100-night risk-free trial, proving that it is the best and most exceptional product.
- The mattress can help in better sleep and relieve neck and shoulder pain.
- It helps you to get timely support, good rest, and pleasant sleep.
- The product also provides better support in the right areas of your body while sleeping, relieving your pain and supporting you against back pains to get high-quality sleep throughout the night.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress
We know how important it is for you to find the best mattress for neck or shoulder pain—that’s why Memory Foam Mattress was created with a patented design that gives you two different firmness levels in one bed. With Layla Memory Foam Mattress, you can choose between a soft side and a firm side, depending on what your body needs at any given moment of the night. A plush side for when you want to sink in and a firm side for when you want to support.
You know that comfort and support are key to getting a great night’s sleep. That’s why Layla Memory Foam Mattress was designed with two different layers of foam so that both you and your partner can enjoy the bed.
The top layer consists of our revolutionary cooper-infused memory foam that conforms to your unique body shape, creating the feeling of sleeping on a cloud. And the layer below consists of airflow support foam that helps dissipate heat so you don’t wake up sweating in the middle of the night.
What I Like
- The Layla Memory Foam Mattress is the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain because it has two different firmness levels in one bed so that you can get the perfect level of support.
- The top layer consists of our revolutionary cooper-infused memory foam that conforms to your unique body shape, creating the feeling of sleeping on a cloud.
- And the layer below consists of airflow support foam that helps dissipate heat.
- The Layla Memory Foam Mattress’s design features a mattress shaped to prevent sleepers from rolling towards the edge and a comfort layer that allows you to sink into the bed completely.
When your body is working, your neck and shoulders are doing their job. Finding the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain can help you avoid problems along the way. In this article, you can find what things to consider when choosing the mattress for your needs.
What Is A Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain?
A mattress for neck and shoulder pain is a type of mattress that can relieve the pain that often comes from sleeping on your side or your back. When you are sore from sleeping on your side or feel the need to turn completely over onto your back, a mattress designed for neck and shoulder pain will give you the support you need to get through the night.
Why Should You Use A Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain?
There are many reasons why it’s important to have a mattress designed specifically for neck and shoulder pain. Here are the top 3:
Professional medical experts agree that one of the major causes of neck and shoulder pain is simply sleeping on your side. If you’re suffering from neck or shoulder pain, you probably know how uncomfortable it can be to sleep on your side without the proper mattress support.
When you’re sleeping on your side, or if you decide to turn over onto your back, this can cause sore muscles to ache and strain further to maintain their original position. When you have a mattress designed specifically for neck and shoulder pain, this can greatly reduce the discomfort in your neck and shoulders.
One of the main reasons for neck and shoulder pain is sleeping on your side or back without the proper mattress support provided by the type of mattress you are using. Without enough back support, your body will try to maintain its resting position by pulling itself into a tighter position which can cause muscle strain and soreness. Your back will then become sore and injured.
When you are sleeping on your side or your back without the proper mattress support for neck and shoulder pain, it may be difficult to get a good night’s rest each night. This can take a toll on your nerves from the sudden change in position and cause sleeplessness, leading to fatigue throughout the day.
A good, comfortable mattress not only helps you sleep better when you’re feeling sore in the morning but also will make it easier to fall asleep at night so you can consistently get more sleep throughout your life!
Benefits Of The Best Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain
There are many benefits of a mattress designed specifically to help ease pain and prevent it from occurring. Some of these advantages are:
Most mattresses designed for neck and shoulder pain will have long-lasting support that can keep your spine aligned throughout every night’s sleep.
Reduced Muscle Spasms
Suppose you have been experiencing increased muscle spasms throughout the day, especially when sleeping. In that case, a mattress designed specifically for neck and shoulder pain will help to eliminate or reduce these muscle spasms.
Lack Of Pain
The increased muscle strain that occurs from sleeping on your side or back without the correct mattress support for neck and shoulder pain can lead to pain in your neck and shoulders. A good, comfortable mattress designed for neck and shoulder pain can significantly reduce this type of discomfort!
Things To Consider When Buying A Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain
You need to consider many things when buying a mattress for neck and shoulder pain. These are all important questions that need to be answered before you search for the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain. Below you can find the most important things to consider.
The type of mattress that medical professionals most often recommend will have a soft-enough edge but will support your body without causing pressure points or discomfort. The best mattress for neck and shoulder pain will provide comfort and eliminate or reduce pain throughout your body.
It’s important to be careful when comparing the firmness of a mattress with joint or back pain. Many people with neck or shoulder pain may find that lying on their side would prefer their mattress to be firmer when they are lying on their side. The majority of beds designed for neck and shoulder pain will have some degree of softness around the edge for added comfort and enough firmness to prevent you from falling through the mattress at night.
Motion isolation is an important factor to consider for those who sleep with another person. If you share your bed with a partner, this will be important to consider before searching for the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain. Many mattresses with motion isolation can help prevent your partner from being disturbed as you turn over or change positions throughout the night.
Many people suffering from neck or shoulder pain may need additional support at the edge of their mattress to prevent themselves from rolling onto one side or the other while they sleep. When you need help staying on your back, this needs to be considered before you search for the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain!
What types of mattresses are best for neck and shoulder pain?
Memory foam mattresses are generally best for neck and shoulder pain, as they contour to your body and provide targeted support to your neck and shoulders.
Are firm mattresses good for neck and shoulder pain?
Firm mattresses are not typically recommended for people with neck and shoulder pain, as they do not conform to the body, which can leave some areas unsupported, resulting in increased pain.
Are hybrid mattresses a good choice for neck and shoulder pain?
Hybrid mattresses can be a great choice for individuals with neck and shoulder pain, as they combine the contouring of memory foam and the support of coils. This combination can provide support and comfort for the neck and shoulders.
Is there a mattress topper that can help with neck and shoulder pain?
Yes, a mattress topper can help provide additional cushioning to help relieve pain and discomfort. Look for a topper with memory foam or latex core for the best support.
Is it better to sleep on a soft or firm mattress?
It depends on the individual, as some people prefer the softness of a softer mattress, while others prefer the firmer support of a firmer mattress. It is best to try out different levels of firmness to see which one works best for you.
What is the best type of mattress for someone with chronic neck and shoulder pain?
Memory foam and hybrid mattresses are the best choices for someone with chronic neck and shoulder pain. Both types of mattresses provide contouring and support to the neck and shoulder area to help reduce pain and discomfort.
Are hybrid mattresses good for side sleepers?
Yes, hybrid mattresses are a great choice for side sleepers, as they provide the contouring comfort of memory foam as well as the support of coils, which helps alleviate pressure from the shoulders and hips.
Is a firm mattress bad for your spine?
While a firm mattress can provide support to the spine, it is important to find the right level of firmness to ensure that your spine is properly supported and aligned. You should also consider other factors, such as your sleep position, to ensure your mattress suits your needs.
Is it bad to sleep on an old mattress?
Yes, it is best to replace your mattress every 8-10 years, as over time, the mattress can become weakened and lose its ability to provide proper support and comfort.
What is the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain?
Memory foam and hybrid mattresses are generally the best choices for people with neck and shoulder pain, as they provide support and contouring to the area to help reduce pain and discomfort.
Is a memory foam mattress better for neck and shoulder pain?
Yes, memory foam mattresses are generally better for neck and shoulder pain, as they provide contouring support to the neck and shoulder area.
What is the best mattress for hip pain?
Memory foam mattresses are generally the best choice for hip pain, as they contour to the hips to provide support. Hybrid mattresses can also be a good choice, as they provide a combination of support and comfort.
Is a memory foam mattress good for side sleepers?
Yes, memory foam mattresses can be a great choice for side sleepers, as they provide cushioning to the hips and shoulders to help relieve pressure.
What type of mattress is best for those with lower back pain?
Memory foam and hybrid mattresses are generally the best choices for those with lower back pain, as they provide contouring and support to the lower back area, helping to reduce pain and discomfort.
Is a firm mattress good for back pain?
Generally, a firm mattress is not recommended for those with back pain, as it can leave some areas unsupported, resulting in increased pain. Instead, look for a mattress that provides targeted support and contouring to the lower back area.
The Bottom Line
When you’re looking for the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain, you need to make sure that it has a firm enough edge to provide support without causing any pressure points. The best mattresses for neck and shoulder pain will also have motion isolation properties so your partner won’t be disturbed when you sleep or roll over in your sleep throughout the night.
Lastly, it’s important to make sure that the mattress has adequate edge support so your body will stay in place throughout all of your nightly movements. I hope this guide gave you enough information about how to choose the best mattress for neck and shoulder pain.
You may want to revisit some parts of the article
- 1 Top 5 Best Mattresses For Neck And Shoulder Pain
- 2 Best Mattresses For Neck And Shoulder Pain Reviews
- 3 Saatva Classic Mattress
- 4 Helix Midnight Mattress
- 5 Nolah Original 10 Inch Mattress
- 6 Casper Original Mattress
- 7 Layla Memory Foam Mattress
- 8 Buyer’s Guide
- 9 What Is A Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain?
- 10 Why Should You Use A Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain?
- 11 Benefits Of The Best Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain
- 12 Things To Consider When Buying A Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain
- 13 FAQ
- 14 The Bottom Line