A crib mattress is a type of bedding designed specifically for use in the crib, child’s bed, or playpen. The main purpose of a crib mattress is to provide comfort and support to infants and young children. There are many different types and styles of baby mattresses available on the market.
Some people prefer firm mattresses, some soft ones; some like thick, others like thin, etc. Regardless of what you’re looking for in a baby mattress, there’s something out there that will suit your needs perfectly. This article will give you vast information about how to choose the best memory foam crib mattress and what things to consider when buying the product for your child’s bed.
Top 5 Memory Foam Crib Mattresses
- 1. Best Overall: Milliard Premium Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Infant Crib Mattress 99
- 2. Best Level of Firmness: My First Mattress Crib Mattress 96
- 3. Best Plush Surface: Moonlight Luxury Dreamer Crib Mattress 92
- 4. Best Soybean Memory Foam: Sealy Hybrid Toddler & Baby Crib Mattress 91
- 5. Best Tear-resistant Cover : Colgate Mattress Visco Classica Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress 87
Best Memory Foam Crib Mattresses Reviews
Milliard Premium Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Infant Crib Mattress
Milliard Premium Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Infant Crib Mattress is a premium foam mattress made for infants. This mattress featured a firmer memory foam base and, topped with top-quality foam, provides professional support and comfort.
This product comes with a removable machine washable ultra-soft cover for added softness. It also meets CertiPur standards to be low VOC and free of heavy metals.
The firmness levels are well-suited for infants up to six months old, so you don’t need to worry about it being too hard or too soft when transitioning your baby out of the bassinet or crib into this bedding system. Since the mattress is thinner than most other brands, it’s also lighter in weight and easier to move around as needed.
This mattress is made with CertiPur certified foam that helps provide a healthy sleeping environment for babies. As a memory foam, it helps reduce pressure points while improving ventilation and circulation. This keeps your baby cool during sleep and can help prevent overheating during the warm summer months.
The mattress includes a removable cover made with 100% polyester that’s extra soft for added comfort and durability against any stains or possible damage from liquid accidents or other accidents. The cover is machine washable for easy maintenance.
What I Like
- It is CertiPur certified to be free of heavy metals, ozone depleters, and other prohibited materials.
- The mattress is made in the United States from non-toxic materials.
- The product comes with a soft polyester cover for extra comfort and durability against stains or possible damage from liquids or other accidents.
My First Mattress Crib Mattress
My First Mattress Crib Mattress is the perfect spot for your little one’s nap time as well as playtime! It is made of CertiPUR-US certified memory foam for comfort and durability, hypoallergenic, mite-proof, and antimicrobial, with a removable waterproof cover.
Comfortable 100% virgin polyester fabric covering with a 3″ of soft cotton fill provides ultimate comfortability without the use of harmful chemicals such as lead or phthalates. This product is also eco-friendly, green, and healthy for babies that can be used in cribs, travel cribs, and playards/playpens.
What I Like
- A soft memory foam mattress layer provides ultimate comfortability without using harmful chemicals such as lead or phthalates.
- CertiPUR-US certified to be free of ozone depleters, PBDEs, mercury and heavy metals, CFCs, formaldehyde, and other allergen & asthma triggers.
- A removable waterproof cover can be cleaned in a washing machine.
Moonlight Luxury Dreamer Crib Mattress
If you have a child or are raising one, then you have undoubtedly learned that an adequate amount of sleep is as important for your child as well. It allows them to grow and develop in a healthy manner without traumas or issues such as bedwetting, for example. Look no further than Moonlight Luxury Dreamer Crib Mattress for the best infant crib mattress.
This memory foam mattress has a layer of luxurious OxyFlo CoolGel memory foam, which gives it an unmatched level of cooling airflow while you rest. It is made with the highest degree of protection against dust mites and chemical odors, making it ideal for use in the nursery.
It is also waterproof, making it both durable and safe to use. When you choose Moonlight Luxury Dreamer Crib Mattress for your child, you are choosing an infant crib mattress that is both impeccably safe and, at the same time, aesthetically pleasing.
What I Like
- The mattress has a layer of luxurious OxyFlo CoolGel memory foam, which provides the bed with antimicrobial protection against dust mites and chemical odors that the mattress may pick up during its lifetime.
- The mattress is completely waterproof, which means that they are both safe to use in the nursery and durable to withstand accidental spills or other damaging conditions when your child is either sleeping or playing on them.
- The mattress is also hypoallergenic and made from a medical-grade baby crib mattress certified by CertiPUR-US. This makes it ideal for use in the nursery because you are ensuring that you are not putting any potentially harmful chemicals into your child’s system when they are sleeping.
Sealy Hybrid Toddler & Baby Crib Mattress
If you’ve been searching for a comfortable and healthy sleeping surface for your baby, a Sealy Hybrid Toddler & Baby Mattress is the mattress to turn to. These mattresses are made with safety in mind, using only the finest materials.
They’re not just soft for babies but also provide a supportive sleeping surface that will keep them from waking up throughout the night from uncomfortable positions. The frame is easy-to-clean and made in the USA. And if your little one moves into a toddler bed frame, this mattress fits snugly in cribs as well as in toddler bed frames!
There’s no need to decide between comfort and safety when it comes to baby sleeping surfaces any longer. Sealy Hybrid Toddler & Baby Mattress will provide both.
What I Like
- Made with CertiPUR-US® certified foam, this baby mattress doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals and is resistant to allergens and dust mites.
- A waterproof cover prevents any leaks, so your bed stays dry for longer.
- The top support layer of this hybrid crib mattress is made of high-density foam that holds up to the weight of your growing child, while the lower comfort layer allows for a comfortable surface that molds to their body type.
- Every mattress is made to strict U.S. standards, ensuring they’re free of harmful chemicals and offer superior comfort for every baby, toddler, or child.
Colgate Mattress Visco Classica Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress
This mattress manufacturer is rolling out a new product called the Colgate Mattress Visco Classica Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress. This eco-friendly mattress has everything an expectant mother could want in a safe and healthy bed for their infant and toddler!
The Colgate Mattress Visco Classica Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress has dual firmness, meaning that there are two firmness options to choose from pediatrician-recommended firm support for infants and softer memory foam for toddlers.
This mattress is handcrafted with high-quality materials that are certified and non-toxic. The mattress cover is tear-resistant, easy to clean, and has strong seams all over.
Its strong seams cover allows the mattress to be rolled up and compressed and still be a safe place for your newborn. It also has a waterproof, non-toxic plastic cover to protect against accidental spills.
What I Like
- The mattress has pediatrician-recommended dual firmness.
- It is handcrafted with high-quality non-toxic materials.
- Strong seams cover the edges, so you don’t have to worry about your little one poking a hole in their mattress or having sharp corners on the bed.
- The cover is tear-resistant, easy to clean, and machine washable.
The first thing that you need to look for when shopping for a crib mattress is the quality of the product. You will find many different types of crib mattresses available on the market today. Some are made of foam, others are made of memory foam, and others are made with a combination of both.
When buying a crib mattress, try to find one that has been proven to be comfortable and of good quality. This means looking at what materials it is constructed from. Foam mattresses can be very expensive, but they are also very comfortable and last longer than cheap ones.
What Is A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
A memory foam crib mattress is made up of a polyurethane foam core. This type of foam can “remember” its shape and will adjust itself to the body of whoever lies on it, molding itself to suit the contours of its body.
Memory foam is an excellent material that can mold to fit a child’s body’s shape perfectly. It supports their body in just the right ways that it helps babies to get a restful night’s sleep.
This material has been known not only for crib mattresses. Memory foam helps people with aches and pains caused by arthritis or back injuries get a better night’s sleep. Recently, more and more people who have never suffered from any sort of aches or pains prefer memory foam for its ability to give them a great night’s rest without having any negative health effects at all.
Why Should You Buy A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
There are many reasons you should buy a memory foam crib mattress for your baby. First of all, memory foam is one of the most comfortable materials that you can find in any bed. The reason for this is that it molds to the shape of your body and supports it in just the right ways.
Memory foam is also hypoallergenic, and it does not trap dust mites like other types of mattresses. This means that even if your baby has allergies or asthma, a memory foam mattress will be safe for them to sleep on. As mentioned before, this type of mattress is also very durable and tends to last much longer than other types of mattresses do.
Memory foam mattresses are known to be much better than other types of mattresses. This type of mattress retains its shape no matter how it is bent or folded. Memory foam mattresses are very comfortable to sleep on because they are made to mold completely to the person’s body.
Benefits Of A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
Memory foam is an excellent material that has many benefits. The first benefit is that it molds to the shape of your body and supports it in just the right ways. This type of mattress will help your baby get a restful night’s sleep as it can take the stress off of the spine, shoulders, back, and hips.
Another benefit is that memory foam does not trap dust mites like other types of mattresses can do. It’s also very durable, which means that it will last much longer than other types of mattresses do.
What To Consider When Buying A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
There’re many things to consider when choosing the right crib mattress for your baby. Below there are the most valuable things you need to pay attention to.
When buying a memory foam crib mattress, you need to consider the size of your baby’s crib. Before going out to shop for one of these mattresses, take a look at your babies’ crib and write down the dimensions of it. This way, when you go out shopping, you will know what size to get.
You can find ones that are intended for the standard baby’s crib; however, if your baby is going to be sleeping in a toddler’s bed soon, then you should buy one that will fit into their bed instead. Many mattresses come with a cover made from materials such as cotton or polyester.
The hypoallergenic properties of memory foam are one of its best qualities. Children with allergies or asthma can utilize memory foam mattresses. In addition to being hypoallergenic, these mattresses also tend to be safe for babies and adults to use.
These types of mattresses are so safe because they absorb moisture quickly, which means that they will not trap dust mites or other allergens in their structure. This is especially useful if your baby has asthma or allergies, as they will not contact harmful bacteria while sleeping on this type of mattress.
Many manufacturers of memory foam products have been using different materials to create the covers of their mattresses. Some manufacturers use cotton, while others prefer to use polyester.
Cotton is the most common material used for making a good quality crib mattress cover; however, many people prefer polyester because it can be washed and disinfected so easily. This means that your bedding will not get ruined over a period of time if you like to wash it every few months.
When shopping for a memory foam crib mattress, you need to remember that many different types and styles are available on the market today. Some of these mattresses can be pretty expensive, while others are much cheaper. The average price of a memory foam mattress ranges between $100 and $200.
The Bottom Line
We did a great job of covering all the different types of mattresses and their differences as well. We hope you know by reading this that there are many kinds of beds and these are all an excellent choice to buy for your baby. We also hope that our buyer’s guide has helped you in some way as it will surely help you find the right one for your needs.
Is A Memory Foam Mattress Good For A Baby?
A memory foam mattress is an excellent choice for any child. It is very comfortable and safe because it has no springs or coils. The mattress conforms to the body, so you won’t feel like you are sinking into the bed, which can harm your joints, ligaments, and spine.
The best memory foam crib mattresses will be hypoallergenic, so they do not cause allergies or other irritations that may affect your baby’s sleep patterns. A good-quality memory foam crib mattress will also have a cover that does not heat up too quickly, keeping the baby comfortable through the night.
Can You Use Memory Foam In A Crib?
Memory foam is an excellent option for crib mattresses. Memory foam crib mattresses are designed to provide the same benefits as regular memory foam beds, such as reduced pressure points and improved sleep quality. However, they come in a smaller size that makes them more appropriate for children.
Are Foam Mattresses Safe For Newborns?
Memory foam mattresses are safe for newborns. Babies come with unique needs, so it’s essential to buy a mattress that can safely provide support and protection without jeopardizing the health of your child or the quality of sleep they get. Memory foam mattresses effectively alleviate pressure on a baby’s developing spinal column, hips, and spine, which helps prevent SIDS or “crib death.
You may want to revisit some parts of the article
- 1 Top 5 Memory Foam Crib Mattresses
- 2 Best Memory Foam Crib Mattresses Reviews
- 3 Milliard Premium Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Infant Crib Mattress
- 4 My First Mattress Crib Mattress
- 5 Moonlight Luxury Dreamer Crib Mattress
- 6 Sealy Hybrid Toddler & Baby Crib Mattress
- 7 Colgate Mattress Visco Classica Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress
- 8 Buyer’s Guide
- 9 What Is A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
- 10 Why Should You Buy A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
- 11 Benefits Of A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
- 12 What To Consider When Buying A Memory Foam Crib Mattress
- 13 The Bottom Line
- 14 FAQ